Applicants for the Bar Examinations must file a verified petition in the form prescribed by the Supreme Court (available at the Office of the Bar Confidant (OBC) for free) from June 1 to July 16, accompanied by the following documents:
A - FIRST TIMERS
1. Birth Certificate (issued by the NSO or Local Civil Registrar) - original or certified true copy
- In case of any discrepancy of entries between the Birth Certificate and Transcript of School Records, an affidavit of parents and/or joint-affidavit of two disinterested persons explaining the discrepancy is required. The applicant is however further required to submit a corrected birth certificate or corrected school records as the case may be.
- In the absence of birth certificate - Certificate of Late Registration.
2. Marriage Certificate (original or certified true copy)- for Married females only.
3. Three (3) testimonials of good moral character each executed by a member of the Philippine Bar (form may be furnished by the OBC for free ).
4. Official Pre-Law Transcript (original or certified true copy)
- In case the Rizal Course is integrated with another subject(s) appearing in the transcript, a certification from the school to that effect is required.
5. Official Law Transcript (original or certified true copy)
6. Certificate of no derogatory record.
7. Certification from CHED confirming graduation from the College of Law (C-2) - (Not applicable to graduates of UP or State Universities /Colleges governed by its own charter)
8. Three (3) copies of latest un-retouched photos wI name IMPRINTED thereon - (1 1/2 x 1 1/2 )
9. Self-addressed and stamped envelope
B. REPEATERS (TWO-THREE TIMERS)
1. Three (3) testimonials of good moral character each executed by a member of the Philippine Bar (form may be furnished by the OBC for free).
2. Certificate of no derogatory record.
3. Three (3) copies of latest un-retouched photos w/ name IMPRINTED thereon - (1 1/2 x 1 1/2 )
4. Self-addressed and stamped envelope
C. REPEATERS COVERED BY SECTION 16 OF RULE 138 (Those who failed the Bar Exams for three or more times)
1. Refresher Course
- Individual certification under oath by professors that the applicant passed the following subjects (indicating the grades):Civil Law Review I
Civil Law Review II
Commercial Law Review
Criminal Law Review
Remedial Law Review- Certification under oath by the Dean or Registrar that the professors mentioned above were bona-fide professors of the school where the refresher course was taken.
2. Pre-Bar Review Course
- Certification executed under oath by the School Registrar that the applicant is enrolled in, and is regularly attending the Pre-Bar Review Course.
3. Certification of Completion of the Pre-Bar Review Course
4. All the requirements for repeaters under letter B above.
D. APPLICANTS WITH:
1. PENDING CASES (civil, criminal, administrative, including cases filed
with the Prosecutor's Office and Office of the Ombudsman)- Certified true copy of Complaint/Information
- Certificate of pendency of the casel Certificate of status
2. DECIDED CASES (civil, criminal, administrative, including cases filed with the Prosecutor's Office and Office of the Ombudsman)
- Certified true copy of Complaint/information
- Certified true copy of Decision
- Certificate of Finality of Decision
- Clearance from the Court, Prosecutor's Office or From the Office of the Ombudsman, as the case maybe
IMPORTANT: PLEASE USE THE APPROPRIATE PETITION FORMS (WHETHER FOR NEW APPLICANTS OR BAR REPEATERS). INCORRECT PETITIONS SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Download the forms here: